Pedal Power: Bicycles from the Collection of Charlie Harper
June 4 - August 2, 2015
In 1966, Charlie Harper purchased Zeug Garage & Cycle Shop, located at 119 West Front Street in Muscatine, Iowa. The shop sold bicycles, motorcycles, accessories, and supplies and provided bike, small engine, and automobile repair and has been located at 1106 Grandview Avenue since 1974. Today, Harper’s Cycling is operated by Charlie, his son Greg, and several grandsons and the business offers new bike sales, reconditioned and rebuilt bikes, repair service and a large line of accessories and supplies.
Charlie Harper purchased his first “antique” bike in the early 1980s when a Florida museum closed and was disposing of its collections. This purchase spurred him to continue collecting and he remains an avid collector today.
For more details